Benefits of the Dead Sea
The Dead Sea has been a source of health and wellbeing for centuries. It is documented that one of Cleopatra's beauty secrets was bathing in the Dead Sea. The queen of Shiva also used the salts from the Dead Sea to tone her skin and relax her body. Those ancient beauties and countless others since have been enjoying the Dead Sea’s therapeutic and cosmetic benefits.
Reviling the secrets of the Dead Sea
To understand the benefits of the Dead Sea, it is important to learn a bit about the geological structure of this natural treasure. Located in the Syrian-African Rift Valley with Jordan to the east and Israel to the west, the shores of the Dead Sea are at the lowest surface point on earth. At 1,240 feet deep (422 meters), it is also one the saltiest bodies of water, since no water is streaming out of it. Instead, the strong sun evaporates the water, reviling all the minerals and nutrients lying on the bottom of the sea. This vast hyper saline lake is not conducive to living creatures because of its harsh saline environment, thus the name Dead Sea.
But year-round sunshine and pleasant desert air make the Dead Sea a heavenly location, and its’ unique water combination are an ideal natural spa.
A Source for Health and Beauty
Having the proper balance of sodium, water, and minerals inside your body is essential to many aspects of health. Studies indicate that nutrients found in the minerals of the Dead Sea are essential to your skin, immune system, and blood circulation, in order to retain moisture and make up for the harmful toxins we naturally ingest.
The effect of the Dead Sea’s minerals:
Studies over the years have proven that the minerals of the Dead Sea
can help with the following health issues:
- Maintaining the balance of water and moisture hydration in the body.
- Repairing skin tissue and other skin disorders such as acne, eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, rashes, and also help skin tone to decrease wrinkles.
- Peeling away dead skin cells to reveal healthy layers of new skin.
- Improving blood circulation throughout the body.
- Preventing surface allergens and bacteria.
- Inhibiting the release of harmful toxins under the skin’s surface.
- Soothing sunburns, arthritis, inflammation, and rheumatism.
- Assisting hair health by eliminating dandruff, dermatitis, and dryness for healthy roots.
- Relieving headaches, stress and fatigue by inducing relaxation.